Supplements for healthy living
What is healthy living all about?
If you combine a wholesome diet with a mindful lifestyle, you will feel fit and efficient in the long term. Fresh and healthy food supports your body, while malnutrition or overeating with greasy, sugary or nutrient-poor food promotes obesity and nutrient deficiencies. In addition, complex and sensitive processes taking place in our body can become disrupted due to the wrong lifestyle habits. Exercise and regular sports sessions, on the other hand, offer our body numerous positive effects that are essential for your health.
What are the building blocks of a healthy diet?
The food we eat every day should consist of various components that a healthy body needs:
- Carbohydrates: they provide the body with energy. 50 to 60 per cent of our daily food intake should consist of carbohydrates.
- Proteins: Proteins are responsible for cell structure and forming hormones, enzymes and messenger substances. A total of 15 to 20 per cent of daily calories should come from proteins.
- Fat: The body needs healthy fats, for example, to be able to utilise fat-soluble vitamins. In total, 25 to 30 per cent of our food should consist of the most favourable fatty acids possible.
Vital substances such as vitamins, minerals and trace elements are also vital elements of the diet. They are found in fresh fruit and vegetables and are responsible for many different functions in the body.
Healthy living: live your life by these 8 golden rules
The best prerequisite for a healthy body is a lifestyle that is as natural as possible. And the good news is that those guilty-pleasure foods have their part to play in this, as long as you consume them consciously and in moderation. We have eight golden rules for you on how to optimise your eating habits and exercise routines.
- Avoid fast food and sweets as much as possible. Simply replace your favourite cheat foods with healthy alternatives: pasta with cashew sauce or chocolate-covered fruit instead of chocolate.
- Eat as varied a diet as possible. Go for a plant-based diet – green vegetables are especially healthy. On stressful days, blended smoothies are handy.
- Plan to eat fatty fish such as salmon twice a week. This will cover your daily omega-3 requirement. Omega-3 supplements also work as a simple alternative for those who don’t like fish or for those who need vegan supplements.
- Go for wholemeal products. They are full of healthy fibre. They also fill you up for longer and cause your blood sugar levels to rise more slowly.
- Eat moderate amounts. It is better to eat small meals, so you are less full. It is better to wait 20 minutes before having a second helping – this is the time it takes to feel full.
- Do more exercise. Walk as much as possible – 10,000 steps a day is ideal. Ride your bike, take the stairs instead of the lift and get off the bus one stop earlier.
- Exercise regularly. This way, you train your cardiovascular system. Not only that, muscles increase your metabolic rate, making it easier for you to maintain your weight.
- Get enough sleep. Six to eight hours is considered the magic number when it comes to a restful sleep. If you have trouble getting to sleep, cerascreen’s® herbal sleep improvement supplements can serve as a popular alternative to sleeping pills.